Future Home of the Sprott School of Business!
Located in the heart of Carleton’s campus, the Nicol Building will serve as the front door to the university and a place where students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community can engage, share ideas and find creative solutions to the challenges facing business and society. Designed by Hariri Pontarini Architects, the spaces and flow of the 115,000-square-foot facility will deliver an inspiring and collaborative learning environment in which business students can pursue their dreams.
The Nicol Building honours the vision of the Nicol family, and in particular, the late Wes Nicol, to build a better future for Ottawa. A proud Carleton alumnus, Wes believed in Carleton University and the Sprott School of Business. The Nicol family led the way for a new building for the Sprott School with their generous gift of $10 million.
“I am in the business of building homes. Homes enable co-operation and confidence, which in turn inspire bold ideas and brilliant thinking.”Wes Nicol (BA/54)
Key Features of the Nicol Building
- Enhanced learning, networking and collaborative spaces;
- Flexible classrooms and innovative learning environments;
- Enhanced meeting and event spaces;
- Additional space for experiential initiatives such as the Sprott Student Investment Fund and Sprott Competes, the school’s business case competition program;
- Space for the campus-wide venture accelerator and student entrepreneurship;
- Sustainable design from core to skin – the project is slated to achieve 4.5 Green Globes.