Welcome to the Sprott School of Business at Carleton University!
Sprott is a full-service business school in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada – the nation’s capital. We explore complex management issues through our innovative programs, interdisciplinary research and collaborative partnerships. Our activities are aligned along three core strengths: international focus, innovation and responsible management. For more information, please see our Vision and Mission.
The Sprott School of Business is accredited by AACSB International – the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master’s and doctorate degrees in business and accounting. AACSB Accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education and has been earned by less than five per cent of the world’s business programs.
The Sprott School of Business is accredited by the Network of International Business Schools (NIBS), which recognizes business schools that have an international focus across all facets of the institution.
We offer high quality business degree programs at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels, as well as a range of professional development programs.
- Bachelor of Commerce: a complete business education with a lot of flexibility, featuring 8 concentrations including accounting and entrepreneurship, co-operative education and study abroad options.
- Bachelor of International Business: a truly international business education and experience, featuring intensive training in a foreign language and a full year of study abroad to develop language fluency and cross-cultural skills.
- Master of Accounting: a rigorous, CPA-accredited program that provides a gateway to a career in professional accounting and the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation. Our Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting provides prerequisite core accounting courses for the MAcc.
- Sprott MBA: features include concentrations in Business Analytics, Financial Management, International Business, International Development Management, Management and Change, the MBA internship program, and an accelerated MBA for business graduates. We also deliver the Sprott MBA in Shanghai, China and Bogota, Colombia.
- MSc in Management: provides the research foundation to advance to doctoral studies or applied research careers in the public, private or not-for-profit sectors.
- PhD in Management: focused on applied research in an interdisciplinary context to address complex management issues.
- Technology Innovation Management (TIM): a masters degree program that provides training to aspiring tech entrepreneurs on creating wealth at the early stages of company or opportunity life cycles. A joint initiative of the Sprott School of Business and the Faculty of Engineering and Design, the program leads to a Master of Applied Science (MASc), Master of Engineering (MEng), or a Master of Entrepreneurship (MEnt) degree.
- Professional Programs: open enrollment executive and professional development programs and seminars. The Advancing Women in Leadership program is offered by the Carleton Centre for Research and Education of Women and Work.
Intensive Research Culture
Sprott Research Centres
- Centre for Information Technology, Organizations, and People
- Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work
- International Business Study Group
- Manufacturing Systems Centre
- Research Centre for Technology Management
- Sprott Centre for African Research and Business (SCARAB)
- Sprott Centre for Social Enterprises / Centre Sprott pour les entreprises sociales
Sprott by the numbers
Student Enrollment (2017-2018)
Bachelor of Commerce: 1,977
Bachelor of International Business: 221
MBA (Ottawa): 138
MBA (Offshore): 132
Master of Accounting: 106
PhD in Management: 50
Faculty & Staff
Faculty members: 61
Professional staff: 34