BCom students have the opportunity to earn credits towards their degree, while studying at one of Carleton’s Exchange Partners around the world! This current academic year (2017-18), BCom students are studying in 8 different countries – either for one term or two.
Students in the International Business concentration: Studying abroad on Exchange is an excellent way to fulfill the requirement for the compulsory course Practicum in International Business (BUSI 4719).
The following are some of the institutions recommended for BCom students (the courses are in English). BComs can consider all of the institutions on the ISSO website, as long as these institutions have Schools of Business/Economics that offer appropriate courses.
- Australia (all institutions)
- Barbados (Cave Hill)
- Belgium (Solvay, Libre Bruxelles)
- China (OJS Exchange, SISU Shanghai, Renmin Beijing, and (new!) MUST in Macau)
- Colombia (CESA) (some courses taught in English)
- Finland (Aalto*)
- France (ORA Exchange, 5 AACSB-accredited Business Schools: Rennes School of Business*, Emlyon*, NEOMA*, Montpellier*, Burgundy*)
- Germany (OBW Exchange, Berlin School of Economics and Law)
- India (OIN Exchange: Ontario India Student Exchange)
- Ireland (Limerick)
- Italy (LUISS Guido Carli)
- Mexico (Tec de Monterrey, various campuses including Monterrey, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Cuernavaca)
- Netherlands (Rotterdam Business School-new!, Groningen, Erasmus, Windesheim)
- Sweden (Jonkoping*)
- U.K. (East Anglia, Exeter, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool)
- Scotland (Robert Gordon*, Strathclyde)
- Wales (Swansea)
- U.S.A. (Killam Fellowships)
*Institutions highly recommended for BCom for 2018-19 Exchange
How to apply
Applications for Exchange are done through Carleton Central. Application deadline is December 12th, 4:00 p.m for 2019/2020.
If you’re currently in Second Year, you need to apply in the Fall term for Study Abroad in Third Year (for either one term or two). Make an appointment to meet with Sprott’s Exchange Coordinator to see whether study abroad is right for you! Please note you must have an overall CGPA of 7.00 or above.
Things to do:
- Follow these 6 steps
- Attend one of ISSO’s Information Sessions
- Check out the Carleton Equivalents of some of the courses offered at our partner institutions.
- Submit your Application by the deadline in early December (to be announced).
- Check the status of your application on Carleton Central (International Exchange).
- Attend the compulsory Pre-Departure Orientation: Thursday, April 12, 2018: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. in 231 Unicentre.
- Getting Ready to Go
- Follow the 5 steps for the Approval of Courses Abroad.
Sprott students abroad: Check out these blogs
BCom student Spencer in Helsinki, Finland.
BCom student Stephanie in Lancaster, England!