Full-time and Part-time Admission Requirements
Admission into the M.Sc. in Management program will be judged primarily on the applicant’s potential to undertake research successfully and his/her prospects for completion of the program. Applicants will submit a research proposal statement on applying to the program.
The normal requirement for admission to the master’s program in management is an Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree (or equivalent, e.g 4-year Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration or similar degrees) with at least a B+ average. Applicants who do not meet the normal requirements for admission may be required to completed additional courses, extra to the normal program requirements.
All applicants to the program are required to submit a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score with a minimum of 600 or an equivalent GRE (Graduate Record Exam) score. To calculate the equivalent GRE score, applicants can use the GRE Comparison Table for Business Schools.
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent field with a minimum average of B+
- GMAT score of 600 or an equivalent GRE
- Proficiency in English Test (please see below)
- Basic knowledge of statistics and at least two of the following areas of management:
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Supply Chain Management
Complete the online Application Account Request Form.
Once you have completed and submitted the application account form, you will receive an email notification from the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) containing your application account information.
Arrange for application fee payment
Please note that a non-refundable application fee of $100 CAD is payable to the Ontario Universities Application Centre by Visa, MasterCard or internet banking. Instructions regarding payment options can be found when you log onto your OUAC account online.
Applications will not be processed without the application fee.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties please contact the OUAC Centre at (519) 823-1063 or e-mail gradapps@OUAC.on.ca.
After you have submitted your online application and paid the non-refundable application fee of $100 CAD through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC), Carleton will email you instructions on how to access Carleton Central (where all of your application information is stored). Your Carleton User ID that you will need to access Carleton Central, will be assigned and sent to you in that email.
To complete your application, you need to provide:
A) GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) – A MINIMUM score of 600 is required to apply for the Sprott PhD
- The GMAT score is valid for five years. If your GMAT score is more than five years old at the time of application you must re-take the GMAT test.
- We strongly encourage applicants to register as quickly as possible with the GMAT test centre as it can take several weeks to receive test scores.
- The Sprott School of Business requires that ALL APPLICANTS submit GMAT test scores, regardless of degrees attained or years of professional work experience.
- For test and location information please refer to www.mba.com. Our Institution Code for the MSc in Management Program is 36KNQ43.
- Official scores are mailed to the university by the organization that administers the GMAT.
- An equivalent GRE (Graduate Record Exam) score can substitute for the GMAT. To calculate your equivalent GRE score, you can use the GRE Comparison Table for Business Schools.
B) English Proficiency Test
If you have not studied for the last three years (full-time, non-ESL) in a university in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom or any other country in which the primary language is English and where the language of instruction in the relevant educational institution was exclusively English, you will be required to meet the minimum language admission requirements by submitting your test score in either the CAEL, TOEFL or IELTS English proficiency tests:
- CAEL minimum score required is 70
- TOEFL score of 580 (paper based test); or 86 IBT overall with a minimum score in each component of: writing: 22; speaking: 22; reading: 20; and listening: 20. (Our Institution Code is 0854 and Department Code is 02)
- IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each band score
- English Proficiency Test scores are valid for two years. If your score is more than two years old at the time of application you must re-take the test.
- Official scores are mailed to the university by the organization that administers the English Proficiency Test.
- All applications must be supported by letters of recommendation from at least two faculty members with whom the candidate has studied, who are in a position to assess his/her potential for graduate studies and research.
- References from non-academic supervisors are not ordinarily acceptable.
D) Academic Transcripts
- One set of official transcripts of your entire university record to date are required.
- All foreign documents, e.g., transcripts, must be translated into English and be notarized. Please send notarized copies with the originals.
- Transcripts are considered official, provided they are sealed and signed (on the back of the envelope) by the registrar before being placed within the application package.
E) Statement of Interest Form
- The Statement of Interest Form can be found on the instructions form that is downloaded from your OUAC account page.
For more detailed information and for instructions on uploading your documents please visit http://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/
The admission cycle for Fall 2019 is currently open and the application deadline is March 1, 2019.
Notification of Acceptance
Complete applications for both domestic and international students will be processed after March 1, 2019. The MSc Admissions Committee consisting of faculty members reviews applications. You will be notified in writing in Spring 2019 once a decision is made.