The Sprott School of Business has been delivering Carleton University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in Shanghai, in collaboration with the prestigious Glorious Sun School of Business and Management at Donghua University since 2005.
Carleton’s MBA in Shanghai provides an opportunity for students living in Shanghai to complete a Master’s degree from an internationally recognized Canadian business school in a executive format, while maintaining their jobs and regular daily life with minimal disruption.
The MBA program in Shanghai is designed to provide advanced management knowledge and facilitate development of skills in all management disciplines including those required to analyze, think strategically, make sound business decisions and lead. The ideal candidate is an individual who plans to assume a leadership position with internationally competitive organizations.
Our award-winning faculty delivers a challenging program that showcases the latest management tools and best practices, combined with real-world solutions. Courses are focused and practical, taught by instructors with extensive industry experience who apply case studies, hands-on exercises as well as business media and tools.
MBA Shanghai Program Schedule
- Lock-step program whereby admitted students take courses in a specified sequence with their cohort.
- Typically, two MBA courses are delivered each month, over two intensive weekend sessions (Friday evening, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday).
- Each cohort should be able to complete the program within 18 months. (Students who miss a course, or fail to achieve a B- or higher may be granted permission to take that course with the next cohort, but additional fees may be required.)
The Carleton University Master of Business Administration degree requires successful completion of 30 quarter (0.25 credit) courses with a grade of B- or higher. The program consists of:
- Mandatory MBA Skills Workshop (0.0 credits)
- 17 core courses [4.25 credits]
- 9 Business Analytics courses [2.25 credits]
- 4 additional courses [1.0 credit]
MBA Skills Workshop [0.0 credits]
|BUSI 5998||MBA Skills Workshop|
17 Core Courses [4.25 credits]
|ACCT 5001||Financial Accounting|
|ACCT 5002||Managerial Accounting|
|BUSI 5801||Statistics for Managers|
|BUSI 5802||Business Ethics|
|BUSI 5803||Managerial Economics|
|FINA 5501||Financial Management|
|FINA 5502||Corporate Finance|
|IBUS 5701||International Business|
|ITIS 5401||Fundamentals of IT Service Management|
|MGMT 5100||Managing People and Organizations|
|MKTG 5200||Marketing Strategy|
|TOMS 5301||Modeling Business Decisions|
|TOMS 5302||Operations Management|
|STGY 5900||Corporate and Business Strategy|
9 International Business Courses [2.25 credits]
|DATA 5000||Data Science Seminar|
|ITIS 5431||Business Analytics for Managers|
|ITIS 5432||Business Analytics Methods|
|ACCT 5012||Performance Measurement and Control|
|TOMS 5303||Managing Projects|
|BUSI 5906||Special Topics|
|BUSI 5905||Special Topics|
4 additional courses [1.0 credit]
Sprott will deliver 1.0 credits from of the following courses:
|MGMT 5113||Managing Teams|
|MGMT 5120||Managing Fundamentals of Organizational Change (Macro)|
|ACCT 5012||Performance Measurement|
|ACCT 5011||Financial Statement Analysis|
|MKTG 5211||Technology Marketing|
|TOMS 5311||Quality Management|
|TOMS 5312||Technology Development|
|TOMS 5313||Technology Adoption for Services|
The courses delivered may change from cohort to cohort.
Students are admitted as a cohort. Applications are accepted only at the commencement of each cohort.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree with minimum “B” average
- Two letters of recommendation
- GMAT with a minimum score of 550 (all sections are reviewed and taken into consideration)
- Statement of Intent (once the online application process begins, applicants will have access to the three Statement of Intent questions)
- Professional Resume
- Two years of professional work experience
- Proficiency in English
Online Application Process
Complete the online application on the Graduate Admissions website.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applicants in China should submit their original documents to:
The International Cooperation Education Center
Room 525 Glorious Sun Building
1882 Yan’an Road West
Applicants in Canada should submit their original documents to:
International Programs Officer
Sprott School of Business
824 Dunton Tower
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5B6