For almost 20 years, the Sprott School of Business has given students the unique learning opportunity to experience different cultures around the world and immerse themselves in foreign languages through the Bachelor of International Business Program (BIB).
In this one-of-a-kind program, you’ll develop fluency in a foreign language before travelling to one of over 30+ partner universities in 13 countries around the world for a year of study abroad. Along the way, you will gain a solid foundation in business, plus the specialized knowledge and skills for successful careers in international business.
You’ll enjoy a totally unique experience that will stay with you after graduation and throughout your career.
Highlights of the Sprott BIB
- Develop fluency in another language, an essential skill for careers in international business. Choose from: French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese (NEW!) and Spanish.
- Explore the world and learn about different cultures by living with them through a mandatory, full year of study abroad.
- Build a solid foundation across business functions.
- Gain specialized knowledge and skills in international business.
- Focus your studies with the choice of three concentrations.
- Access an unparalleled international network of government agencies, global companies and diplomatic communities – found only in the nation’s capital.
- Explore the many opportunities at Carleton to gain further international experience, such as international case competitions and junior ambassador programs.
“Being abroad is teaching me how connect with different people, be resourceful and adapt to situations. Whether it’s doing a business case in Spanish, giving a presentation on an innovative product or visiting one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, I am learning about myself and, most importantly, how to do business in a globalized world.”
Tasha Yee is currently studying at Universidad Adolfo Ibañez in Viña del Mar, Chile. (Shown here in Valparaiso, Chile.)
Kendra Thorogood, BIB/13, studied abroad in Chile, interned in Bangladesh, took part in a case competition in Belgium and went on a trade mission to Taiwan. Hear about Kendra’s experiences in her words:
More News Posts
Fawn Fritzen: Mixing Music with Business
Having a business degree can be beneficial for those wanting to pursue a career in the corporate world, but it is by no means the only option. For Fawn Fritzen,... More
Becoming comfortable with uncertainty
Student blogs/Christiana in Germany As I reflect upon my first semester as an exchange student in Germany, I can confidently say that I have learned so much about myself in... More
Sprott finance students win the TD Financial Group Case Competition
On March 2, 2019, seven teams from five Canadian universities gathered at the University of Ottawa to compete in the 12th Annual TD Financial Group Case Competition, hosted this year... More