For almost 20 years, the Sprott School of Business has given students the unique learning opportunity to experience different cultures around the world and immerse themselves in foreign languages through the Bachelor of International Business Program (BIB).
In this one-of-a-kind program, you’ll develop fluency in a foreign language before travelling to one of over 30+ partner universities in 13 countries around the world for a year of study abroad. Along the way, you will gain a solid foundation in business, plus the specialized knowledge and skills for successful careers in international business.
You’ll enjoy a totally unique experience that will stay with you after graduation and throughout your career.
Highlights of the Sprott BIB
- Develop fluency in another language, an essential skill for careers in international business. Choose from: French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese (NEW!) and Spanish.
- Explore the world and learn about different cultures by living with them through a mandatory, full year of study abroad.
- Build a solid foundation across business functions.
- Gain specialized knowledge and skills in international business.
- Focus your studies with the choice of three concentrations.
- Access an unparalleled international network of government agencies, global companies and diplomatic communities – found only in the nation’s capital.
- Explore the many opportunities at Carleton to gain further international experience, such as international case competitions and junior ambassador programs.
“Being abroad is teaching me how connect with different people, be resourceful and adapt to situations. Whether it’s doing a business case in Spanish, giving a presentation on an innovative product or visiting one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, I am learning about myself and, most importantly, how to do business in a globalized world.”
Tasha Yee is currently studying at Universidad Adolfo Ibañez in Viña del Mar, Chile. (Shown here in Valparaiso, Chile.)
Kendra Thorogood, BIB/13, studied abroad in Chile, interned in Bangladesh, took part in a case competition in Belgium and went on a trade mission to Taiwan. Hear about Kendra’s experiences in her words:
More News Posts
In Memoriam: John Wiersema
It is with deepest sympathies that we share the sad news that John Wiersema passed away on March 11, 2018. John was a Carleton (Commerce) alumnus and served on the... More
Sprott Undergraduate Summer Research Experience – 2018
Are you an undergraduate student in the Sprott School of Business? Are you looking for a summer job? Do you have an interest in gaining valuable research skills? Up to... More
Saying Auf Wiedersehen to Last Semester!
Student Blogs/Hannah in Vienna Auf Weidersehen! As the new semester begins in just over a week, I find myself reflecting on the things I’ve learned through the first semester. Although... More