Fourth year students in BCom or BIB have two options for completing Directed Studies course BUSI 4904 [1.0 credit] or BUSI 4905 [0.5 credits] – registration for each of these courses is restricted and requires application that will only be granted with the approval of the Associate Dean.
(1) BUSI 4904/4905 Research Project
- Supervised by a faculty member, students enrolled in these courses will undertake a research project.
- Both a typed final report as well as an open (oral) presentation will be evaluated in determining the course grade.
- For registration request, please submit the proposal form for approval by the Associate Dean.
(2) BUSI 4905/5900 Consulting Project
Students in this course have the opportunity to work as a consultant for real businesses. In this course, students work in teams while developing professional experience, strengthening their resume and network, and gaining exposure to different industries. Projects for 2019/20 have been secured with Lee Valley, HourThanks, Ottawa City Council, a crypto currency tech start-up, Carleton University, and several others soon to be announced.
Additionally, students in the course are graded based on engagement with the project and team, the presentation of your final report to the client, and a short final personal reflection.
If you are interested in applying for the upcoming academic year, please submit your application through the form below.
Any questions can be addressed to Blake.Daly@carleton.ca