Applications to the 16 month full-time Sprott MBA program will include all supplementary documents, as well as GMAT and if required, English Equivalency test scores, and must be submitted directly to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs through the online application portal
Domestic and International applicants follow the same application process.
To begin your application, click the “Start Your Sprott MBA Application” link below.
You will be taken to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs website where you will find details about the application process. To open your online application, click on the red button “Request Application Account” at the top right of the page.
Important Information About Your Application
- Applications must be completed online. Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
For technical issues with your MBA application account including login or password problems or difficulties uploading application documents or any other issues related to your account, please send an email with your Carleton ID number to email@example.com.
- Please Note: The Sprott MBA does not offer Winter/Spring/Summer Admission.
Application Fee Payment
Please note that a non-refundable application fee of $150 CAD is payable to the Ontario Universities Application Centre by Visa, MasterCard, internet banking, cheque or money order. Instructions regarding payment options can be found when you log onto your OUAC account online. Applications will not be processed without the application fee.
If paying by cheque or money order you must include your OUAC reference number and mail payment to: OUAC Fees Department, 170 Research Lane, Guelph, Ontario N1G 5E2
If you experience technical difficulties with application fee payment, please contact the OUAC Centre at (519) 823-1063 or e-mail gradapps@OUAC.on.ca.
GMAT and English Equivalency Exams
A. GMAT – A MINIMUM score of 550 is required to apply for the Sprott MBA.
- We strongly encourage applicants to register as quickly as possible with the GMAT test centre as it can take up to six weeks to receive test scores.
- The Sprott School of Business requires that ALL APPLICANTS submit GMAT test scores, regardless of degrees attained or years of professional work experience.
- The Sprott School requires that all applicants submit a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) with a minimum score of 550 or an equivalent GRE (Graduate Record Exam) score. To calculate your equivalent GRE score, you can use the GRE Comparison Table for Business Schools.
- For test and location information please refer to www.mba.com
- Our GMAT Institution Code for the full-time MBA program is 36KNQ57.
- The GRE Codes are – Institution Code – 0854 and Program Code Business – Other (4399)
- Potential MBA candidates who do not have an academic background in business or do not have strong quantitative skills, are encouraged to take at least one module from the four offered through the MBA Survival Kit.
- Although and overall minimum score of 550 must be attained to be considered for the Sprott MBA, we do review and take into consideration each and every section of the GMAT.
B. English Equivalency
If your first language is not English, you must prove your language proficiency by:
- presenting one of the official Language Proficiency (ESL) test scores;
- showing that you have completed ESLA 1900 or ESLA 1905 at Carleton University with a final grade of B- or higher; or
- presenting official certification (transcripts) that you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree within the past three years in a university in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom (or any country in which the primary language is English), where the language of instruction in the relevant educational institution was English, and the language of instruction in your most recently completed undergraduate or graduate degree was English.
This information is also available on the Carleton Graduate Admissions website.
Note: Letters from your universities stating the medium of instruction is English are not acceptable.
In absence of the above conditions, you will be required to meet the minimum language admission requirements by submitting your test score in either the TOEFL, CAEL or IELTS English proficiency tests:
- CAEL minimum score required is 70
- TOEFL IBT minimum score is 87 (with a minimum of 22 in each component)
- IELTS overall band score minimum of 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 in each band score
Academic and Professional References
- For applicants with less than four years of professional work experience, two academic references are required.
- For applicants with minimum four years of professional work experience and who have been outside of academia for more than four years, two professional recommendations from superiors are required. Professional references can be completed through the same reference form which will be emailed to your referees once you begin the application process.
Candidates who have been shortlisted may receive an invitation to participate in the video interview. Instructions will accompany the invitation for the video interview.
The three supplementary documents required as part of the MBA application criteria consist of the Statement of Intent, MBA Complement Form and a Professional Resume.
The MBA Complement Form as well as the three questions for the Statement of Intent will be available to you once the online application process has begun.
You may login to your application file through https://gsapplications.carleton.ca by using your “IT” number. The link for Supplementary Forms can be found at ‘Step 2’ on the left hand navigation item that says “Supplementary Forms”
Application Status Updates
At any time, you may access updates pertaining to the status of your application if you login to Carleton Central.
Notification of Acceptance
Complete applications for both domestic and international students will be processed on a rolling basis. You will be notified by email once a decision is made.
Accepting your offer is a two part process. You will receive an email of your offer of admission from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs that will include a link where you can print off an electronic copy of your Statement of Standing on Admission. In this email they will also provide you with instructions on accepting your offer through Carleton Central online.
You will also receive an email from the Sprott School requesting you send in your acceptance and a non-refundable Tuition Deposit that is credited to your student account once you are registered in your courses.
Click here for more information on Graduate General Regulations
Check out our FAQ page or contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.