MBA Admission Requirements
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree with an overall CGPA of a B. The CGPA calculation will be based on all four years of study.
- Two letters of recommendation – academic references are required unless the candidate meets the work experience criteria, as defined in the “Application Process” section, in which professional references may then be substituted.
- The Sprott School requires that all applicants submit a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) with a minimum score of 550 or an equivalent GRE (Graduate Record Exam) score. To calculate your equivalent GRE score, you can use the GRE Comparison Table for Business Schools.
- Those who do not possess two years of professional work experience must complete the Internship portion of the MBA program.
- Statement of Intent (once the online application process begins, applicants will have access to the ‘three’ Statement of Intent questions)
- MBA Complement Form (available once the online application process begins)
- Professional Resume
- Those candidates who have been shortlisted will receive an invitation to participate in a video interview.
- Proficiency in English
- Please Note: For additional important admission and application information also refer to our information on the Application Process
- For applicants to the International Development Management concentration, an introductory course in economics is strongly recommended.
- For applicants to the Business Analytics concentration, transcripts should indicate strong general quantitative skills.
- Professional experience is defined as positions which include managing or supervising team members and may include responsibility of a large portion of a project life-cycle; managing time, budget and resources; leading a team in developing needs assessments, processes, and delivery options; strategic and financial planning; or collaboration with key stakeholders.
How to Apply
Refer to the application process page for details on how to open an application and the steps required to complete it.
For technical issues with your MBA application account including login or password problems or difficulties uploading application documents or any other issues related to your account, please send an email with your Carleton ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadlines: Domestic Students
Fall 2018: Apply by May 1, 2018
(Fall term starts first week of September)
- Only completed applications will be considered. All documents, including GMAT, GRE score must be received by the application deadline.
- Spring/Summer admission is not offered at this time.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to submit complete applications prior the application deadline. Applications will only be considered after the application deadline should spaces remain.
Application Deadlines: International Students
Fall 2018: Apply by March 1, 2018
(Fall term starts first week of September)
- International students are admitted only once per year to begin studies each September.
- Only completed applications will be considered. All documents including GMAT, GRE score must be received by the application deadline.
International candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early enough to allow sufficient time to secure Student Visas if offered admission.
Fees and Funding
MBA Tuition Fees Estimates*
|For Fall 2017 Admission||Tuition Fees (with internship**, including student fees)||Tuition Fees (no internship, includes student fees)|
|Full-time MBA (Domestic)||$20,800||$15,600|
|Full-time MBA (International)||$46,600||$41,400|
*The estimates above are based on the 2017/18 academic year and represent estimated fees for the full program. All amounts are shown in Canadian dollars. Annual tuition and student fees are set by the University each year and are subject to change. Fees may also be affected by the speed at which students progress through the program. A non-refundable tuition deposit of $500 (for domestic students) or $1,500 (for international students) is due upon acceptance of an offer of admission.
**Completion of the MBA Internship Program is mandatory for students who have less than two years of professional work experience. Students with more than two years of professional work experience can apply for an exemption from the internship program.
Additional Tuition Information
For more information on tuition and fees, visit the Student Accounts Receivable website.