International Applicants

Undergraduate Studies completed outside of Canada

If you completed all or a portion of the CPA prerequisite courses outside of Canada, you will be required to complete the following prerequisite courses at a Canadian post secondary institution:

  • Intermediate Financial Accounting I and II
  • Advanced Financial Accounting
  • Assurance
  • Taxation
  • Business Law

Note that all of the above courses with the exception of Business Law can be completed by registering in the Sprott Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting.

Undergraduate Studies completed at a Canadian Post-Secondary Institution

If you have completed the CPA prerequisite courses at a Canadian post-secondary institution, including the six courses listed above, then you are eligible to apply for the MAcc program. Application details can be found here

Language Requirements

For admission into Carleton’s graduate programs, you will need to demonstrate that your knowledge and use of English are strong enough for graduate studies at an English-language university. Visit our International Graduate Students website for our English-language requirements.

International Students can also visit the International Students Services Office for more information.


International students can only be admitted to our full-time MAcc program. Due to work/visa requirements for the MAcc program, international students are not eligible for our part-time program.