Basics to Manage Projects Successfully
The past several years have seen an explosion in the interest in project management. Companies of all sizes have projects that have quickly become extremely large, very expensive, and critical to the organization. Unfortunately, many of these projects are not delivered on time, on budget, or within their initial scope. Consequently, organizations are now looking to individuals with project management expertise to ensure successful projects.
This seminar is designed for new project managers, seasoned project managers wishing to update their knowledge base, and professionals who are managing projects and want to confirm that they are on the right track.
The course provides a full overview of the process and techniques of project management using the latest project management methods, and provides practical experience in the application of these techniques.
*You will receive 21 PDUs required for your PMP certification.
Life Cycle Planning
1. Pre-Project Phase
- Requirements analysis
- Business case
2. Initiation Phase
- Define project objectives
- Project charter
3. Planning Phase
- Scope definition
- Building a work breakdown structure
- Costing, estimating
- Budgeting, scheduling
- Risk management
4. Monitoring and Control Phase
- Tracking and evaluating progress
- Change management
5. Change Management
- Communications, team building, and stakeholder management
- Procurement management and quality management
- Project management plan
6. Close-out Phase
- Lessons learned
- Deliverable and administrative closure
- Operations and support
- Life cycle management
What you will learn:
- Effectively manage each stage of the project life cycle
- Achieve project cost, schedule, and quality objectives
- Satisfy your clients’ needs Enhance your project team’s performance
- Hone your problem-solving skills
Who should attend?
- Project managers who wish to increase their understanding of successful project management tools and techniques
- Project managers who wish to improve their overall management skills and knowledge
- Team leaders and members who wish to improve their understanding of successful project management tools and techniques