MBA interns offer a valuable resource to your organization.
At Carleton University’s Sprott School of Business, MBA internships are a mandatory requirement for students with less than two years of work experience. In Ontario, mandatory internships have flexibility with regards to compensation.
In summer 2014, 39 of our MBA students worked in private, public and non-profit sectors on projects ranging from performance improvement to market research and business development.
Why hire a Sprott MBA intern?
Sprott MBA students are academically strong candidates with:
- High motivation and energy.
- Proven capability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Exposure to current analytic frameworks.
- High demand skills that include analytic rigour, problem solving, communication and teamwork.
- Diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
- Diverse range of cultural awareness and languages.
What qualifies as an internship?
An ideal internship would include opportunities to:
- Enhance decision making and problem solving skills
- Gain exposure to a wide range of management issues
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals
- The opportunity to observe senior stakeholders
- Responsibility for delivery of an appropriate level* of project or business process.
*Sprott MBAs are a diverse group. There is flexibility in what constitutes appropriate intern duties and responsibilities.
Volunteer (unpaid) internships are acceptable. While compensation is not the primary focus of the internship, it is an important component of an organization’s value proposition.
The Right Match
The MBA Internship and Career Coordinator is a staff resource dedicated to supporting organizations and students with the job match process.
Services for Organizations
- Job design and job postings
- Interview coordination – on or off campus
- Industry-MBA connection events
Personalized support enhances the understanding of employer needs and the identification of an intern’s strengths and value proposition, leading to successful internship experiences for both parties.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our students and opportunities to engage them in meaningful work benefiting both your organization and their personal development.