This course focuses on understanding on how to prepare a response to various competitive procurement bid instruments such as an RFP, RFI, Invitation to Tender, Tender etc.
During this seminar, time is allocated for what-if scenarios. To the extent possible, the what-if-scenarios will be supplied by participants from actual experiences and incorporated into the discussions.
The proposal process is examined in details from both the evaluator’s and the bidder’s viewpoints. An explanation regarding the terms used and their meaning is discussed.
As well, considerable time is taken in understanding the conditions of bidding: the evaluation criteria – mandatory, rated requirements and how price can be evaluated in a proposal.
Also examined are various elements in the process including Bidder’s Conferences, Oral Presentations, and Site Inspections.
Planning the Response:
- The Bid Process
- Allotting Time
- Determining the responsibilities of team members
- Strategic Alliances
- Negotiation – Why Choose Your Firm?
- Equality of Treatment
- Integrity of the Bid Process
Understanding the Bid:
- Different types of bid documents
- Statements of Work
- Evaluation Terminology
Bid Preparation Guidelines:
- The Conference
- How evaluation is done
- Mandatory Requirements
- Rated Criteria
- Evaluation Criteria
- Total Points
- Price per Point
- Lowest Priced Responsive
- Highest Scored Responsive Bid
- The Presentation
What You Will Learn
- Understand the complexity of the bid process
- Understand the importance of positive responses
- Understand the evaluators’ viewpoint
- Analyze the bid for completeness and clarity
- Determine whether you should bid or pass
Who Should Attend
Anyone who recognizes that the success of their organization is dependent on preparation of a winning proposal.
- Sales and Marketing Executives responsible for responding to competitive proposals
- Employees who are part of the proposal preparation team
- Managers or team leaders who have to determine whether to bid
- Individuals who are involved in the process
This course is also available for in-house management training email@example.com
December 10-11, 2018
$1295 + HST
The price includes:
Certificate of completion