The Alterna Social Ventures Institute presents:
Impact Gaps Canvas Events!
- Is there a social or environmental problem you are working on, or interested in working on?
- Do you want to think of ways to increase your impact?
Join this event presented by Daniela Papi-Thornton, an educator and consultant in systems-led leadership who has worked at the Saïd Business School at University of Oxford and the Yale School of Management. If you have an issue you care about then this workshop series is for you! You can choose to join one or both of these workshops, as they will build upon each other but can also stand alone.
- Session 1: The first workshop will focus on considering the system in which you work, connecting with other social change leaders, and learning about the Impact Gaps Canvas as a means to consider how you might increase the impact and reach of your work. The 90-minute session will include time for you (and your team, if you join together) to try out some of the tools as well as opportunities to connect with other members of the Carleton community.
- Session 2: The second workshop will focus on a basic systems mapping tool (the 5Rs model) and help you consider power and relationships in your chosen system.
- Session 1: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 7:00 pm EDT
- Session 2: Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm EDT
Keynote Speaker: Daniela Papi-Thorton
Daniela Papi-Thornton is an impact consultant, educator, and author whose work focuses on social entrepreneurship and systems-led leadership. Daniela has served as a Lecturer at Yale School of Management, Watson Institute, and Oxford’s Saïd Business School where she was also the Deputy Director of the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship. She designed an educational tool called the Impact Gaps Canvas used at accelerator programs and social impact education initiatives around the world and launched Map the System, a contest now running at ~40 global institutions. Daniela has served as a consultant, advisor, and trainer at a range of enterprises, from public companies to private foundations. Daniela’s work builds upon six years of emerging market entrepreneurial experience in Cambodia, running a hybrid social enterprise. She co-authored a book, Learning Service, and her TEDx talk on Reclaiming Social Entrepreneurship and Elevating Impact talk highlight some of her thinking.
This event is made possible through funding provided by Alterna Savings