Get real-world experience while completing your degree through co-operative education (co-op). Co-op is available in all Bachelor of Commerce concentrations.
How do I enroll in co-op?
For any Sprott undergraduate student that was:
- Not admitted directly into co-op from high school or;
- Never participated in Carleton University’s co-op program.
Visit the Carleton Co-op for information on how and when to apply for the co-op program.
Already admitted to Carleton with the co-op option?
For students already admitted to the Bachelor of Commerce with the co-op option, you do not need to apply. Your grades will be automatically reviewed at the end of first year to determine eligibility.
Eligibility requirements for Co-op Admission and Continuation Requirements for BCom students:
- Maintain full-time status in each study term (2.0 credits);
- Be eligible to work in Canada (for off-campus work placements)
- Have successfully completed COOP 1000. (You will be emailed when it’s time for you to register for COOP 1000.)
In addition to the following:
- Have a major CGPA of 8.00 or higher and an overall CGPA of 6.50 or higher;
- Successfully completed 6.0 credits in the major and have at least 6.0 credits remaining for completion of the BCom. program (in addition to 2.0 Work Term Report credits);
- Registered as a full-time student in the Bachelor of Commerce program.
For more information on requirements, please visit the Carleton Undergraduate Calendar
There are three different work-study patterns for the BCom program. You can find more information on the Co-op website.
Please also note:
- There is a new Entrepreneurship concentration with a co-op option (now the 4th work-study pattern);
- The Accounting pattern on the undergrad calendar is incorrect! Winter of 3rd year should be a work term, not a study term.
For questions about admission and eligibility, contact the Carleton Co-op Career Services office at:
Co-op and Career Services
1400 CTTC Bldg
The Carleton Co-op office is open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Check out what Sprott students have to say about their co-op experiences!