Isaac Otchere, Professor of Finance, is an expert in valuation, mergers and acquisitions, and privatization. Isaac has extensive international experience, having taught MBA courses at Universities in Canada, Australia, Singapore and Ukraine, among others.
He also has industry and consulting experience as well, having worked for companies prior to pursuing doctoral studies. He (together with a colleague) has recently done some contract assignment for the World Bank. This wealth of experience enables him to share his unique perspectives with his students. As a teacher, Isaac has received a number of awards for excellence in teaching.
- 2017 CFA Society Toronto & Hillsdale Canadian Investment Research Award
- 2014 Fellow: Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- 2014 Best Paper Award: Merging Corporatized Financial Markets. 22nd Securities and Financial Markets (SFM) Conference, Taiwan.
- 2013 Graduate Mentoring Award, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Carleton University
- 2013 Best paper Award: 3rd Global Accounting, Finance & Economics Conference, Melbourne
- 2008 Research Achievement Award, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- 2006 Annual Research Award, Faculty of Business, University of New Brunswick
- 2005 Dean’s Award for research excellence, Faculty of Economics and Commerce, University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2015 Carleton University Students Association (CUSA) Teaching Excellence Award
- 2013 Carleton University Students Association (CUSA) Teaching Excellence Award
- 2012 Carleton University Provost Fellowship in Teaching Award
- 2010 Carleton University Teaching Achievement Award
- 2010 Carleton University Students Association (CUSA) Teaching Excellence Award
- 2009 OCRI Canada’s Capital Educators’ Award, Ottawa
- 2009 Finalist-Teacher of the year, Sprott School of Business Students Society
- 2006 Excellence in Teaching Award, Faculty of Business, University of New Brunswick
- 2006 Student Choice Teaching Award Nomination Certificate, University of New Brunswick