PhD in Management
The central objective of our PhD in Management is to produce graduates skilled in research with both a theoretical and practical understanding of the complex problems facing business and managers. We offer a number of interdisciplinary, issue-focused courses to provide a holistic perspective to defining and solving problems. At the same time, students are able to ground their learning and research in selected functional areas.
We offer progressive program options in the following areas:
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Production and Operations
Sprott’s PhD in Management can be completed full and is the only PhD in Management program in Canada offered part-time.
The Organized Research Units of the Sprott School of Business serve as focal points for key areas of specialization. You will be linked with one of the our ORUs or other faculty-based research group whenever possible. Sprott’s ORUs are:
The environment at the Sprott School is unlike that of any other business school. We have dedicated Professors who serve as mentors for the duration your program, as well as a committed Admissions and Program Staff who advise and assist you in meeting your goals. We also offer small class sizes to promote teamwork and collaboration. Other highlights of our program include:
- The ability to gain advanced study in two functional areas of business through course work
- Integrative courses not commonly found in other PhD programs focusing on interconnections between disparate phenomena
- Participating in a seminar series on current management problems involving business and government leaders and academic researchers
- Carleton University is located in Canada within the Province of Ontario, in the vibrant Capital City of Ottawa. Ottawa is the center of the Federal Government with numerous businesses, major Canadian and international government agencies and embassies
Carleton is ranked first in Canada for scholarships and bursaries. Generous scholarships as well as Teaching and Research Assistantships are available for qualified students.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD in Management at Canada’s Capital University within this integrated, challenging and stimulating environment we would like to hear from you!